Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July!


I am so glad to be home from the hospital, and I'm ready to see everything I've been missing out on.  My new pain medicine still makes me tired and gives me the feeling of being "drunk" for a few hours after taking it... but overall I feel much better.  It seems to be working for the most part but I know that I'm not always patient with this whole process because I want things to be back to the way it was a few weeks ago.  I think I am heading in that direction though, so that is promising.  

After my 2pm nap on Sunday, Amy and Melana took me out for a coffee and some fresh air.  I requested a quick detour to my favorite little store on Camano Island called "The Spare Room".  Although we had no intention of driving around we decided to keep driving around the island because it's always nice to see the view.

We stopped at Tom & Jana Shaughnessy's house because we knew they were having a little 4th of July party.  I was feeling pretty good so we stayed for a while.  I always have such a nice time with all of those guys.  It's easy to forget that you're sick when they keep you laughing.  I've added a photo of Jana and I just after a plate of fresh cooked crab.  Yummy :)

Hope you had a safe and happy 4th.  I'm glad to be back home in the swing of things.

Dreaming Big,
Doreen 




3 comments:

  1. You look great Mom! I am so happy to see you up and out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super cute photo of you and Jana. :)Great to see you smiling! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute picture I am glad you are home and feeling better!

    Love Beccy

    ReplyDelete