Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Life really is GOOD

I know it's been a while since you've heard from me, but now that I'm feeling so good I can't wait to share my life again.

I've decided that "pain" is not my friend.  Now that it's under control, I realized just how terrible I was feeling.  I told Dr. Eaton on Monday that I was feeling better that I have in a year so can I stop taking the pain medicine?  He reminded me that I was feeling so good because I was taking a combination of pain medicine that was finally working.  Oh, I get it.  Don't change anything if what you're doing is working.

Since I've been feeling so good, I've been doing my best to get out of the house and do fun things.  Tomorrow I'm going to spend the day with my neighbor Lynell then tomorrow night I'll get to see Amy (she's in Iowa with the Air Force).  Yesterday I went to Angie and Shannon's house in Edmonds.  It has so much potential and a back yard that looks like a park.  It's going to be beautiful.  Jake and Megan are all moved into their house and it's darling.  Every time I've stopped by, it gets cuter and cuter.

I can hardly believe that it's been 2 1/2 months since Rick died. Just when I think I'm doing better another "first" happens.  His birthday is coming up the end of July and it makes me sad just thinking about him.  I miss him and his witty attitude, but I feel his presence all the time.

 I'd better go now and start thinking about dinner.  A friend dropped fresh salmon off so that's on tonight's menu along with green beans.  Yum.....

I'll continue to DREAM BIG,
Doreen

3 comments:

  1. and we will continue to DREAM BIG with you!!

    sending lots of hugs!!!

    ~ Kathy & Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing woman Doreen and you deserve all these great days that you are getting. Sending lots of big dreams your way!! Dixie (Heather's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doreen, Welcome back!! You remain in my prayers and on my heart!!! Love you, Judi

    ReplyDelete