Sunday, November 28, 2010

Feeling Under the Weather

This hasn't been one of my finer weeks in the health department.  Just getting to chemo this past week was a hazardous chore with the weather (rain, snow, sleet, ice, and more snow) so Mom, Dad and I spent the night at a hotel near Cancer Care for safety's sake.  Since my chemo on Tuesday, I've been feeling awful with a horrible cough, troubles breathing and fatigue.  I've had someone spend the night with me nearly every night this week to help out with the anxiety of not getting adequate air.  It's very scary to struggle for your breath.  Eventually, I know it will come back, but it's nice to have someone by my side patting my back assuring me that everything will be ok.  I still have a terrible cough but it finally feels like it might be breaking up.  Perhaps I'm on the mend just in time to start all over again :)

Mom and Dad took me for a ride today (just to get out of the house).  After days of being stuck inside from the weather, then the chemo I was ready to see a little blue sky and enjoy what sunshine came peeking through the clouds.

Amy is off for another week in Vegas with her military job.  I think she's been gone more than she's been home since this job started.  Have a safe journey Amy and I'll see you in a week.

I'm going to be needing your help one of these days because we're nominating Angie as P.E. teacher of the year.  The award is nationwide and she will win 10,000 dollars for her school and some other neat prizes.  I'll tell you all the details later.  I know with your help we'll get the word out about how deserving she is.

It's time for me to head off to bed.  I haven't been sleeping well lately, so when I get the urge to close my eyes...I need to go for it.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

1 comment:

  1. Take it easy, rest, and recharge slowly. Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete