Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cancer is following a new path

Ann and I arrived at my appointments this morning to hear some less than good news.  The CT scan showed that only have about 50 percent of my lung capacity left which is why I have such a hard time breathing.  The left lung is a total mess.  Though I wasn't excited about what he had to show me, it was the second set of news that really took my breath away.  The brain MRI shows that I have 4 spots of cancer in my brain.  We are going to watch and wait on the brain mets by agressively starting a new chemo.  So today I started Alimta which is a drug that is given once every 3 weeks.  It's a quick process but it has some powerful components.

So here's the plan....chemo today, 2 week break, then chemo again.  After 6 weeks, I'll  have another brain and lung scan/mri.  If there are any changes for the worse when it comes to the brain, we'll look into doing radiation.  But I believe we're going to see some changes for the good and just keep doing this chemo routine for another 3 years :)

Keep dreaming big,
Dor

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update....Continuing to send you guys happy thoughts & lots of prayers!
    ~Kathy & Charlie (Relay friends in Oregon)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You remain in my thoughts and prayers!
    Rose Goulet

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to hear about recent test results--I have followed blog for over one yr now..My 55 yr old Aunt was diagnosed with lung cancer in May with mets to bones. She is also a non smoker..Prayers to you and your family..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts and prayers from NC.

    ReplyDelete