Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Time for an Update

This is Amy.  I just wanted to jump online for a quick little update.  Since last week's blog not much is new at the Schmitt house.  My parents had house guests this weekend and they were just what the doctor ordered.  Everyone had a good time and there were more laughs than tears.

My dad has been feeling pretty well, for the most part.  He has chemo today in Seattle.  Val and Shannon are taking him so mom can stay home and rest.  It will be a long day for them in Seattle because his chemo is in the middle of the afternoon.  We sure appreciate their help with the driving.

Mom has stayed home quite a bit but their house never seems to be empty.  I was there for most of the day yesterday and there were a number of visitors who stopped by to help out around the house, cook dinner, and just visit with mom.  You guys have been amazing and I hope you know how much you are appreciated.  I think Dor is planning to get out of the house today to visit a friend and pick up a few medical items.  She has someone else to drive so she can relax and try to get some rest.

Hoepfully Dor will feel well enough to post a little update soon with details about dad's chemo and his stubborn CEA counts.  Let's hope for small numbers today.

Hoping all is well with you and yours-
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Doreen,
    I have read your blog every day since you wrote down the website for me while I was getting some feed at Wolfkill a few years back. You and Rick are such an inspiration to so many people and you are so lucky to have such wonderful relationships with your children...they are truly unbelievable adults! I will continue to pray for you and Rick and will read my daily dose of "inspiration" from a true small-town hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the update - I check in once or twice per week. Wishing all the best for you and your family. Lots of prayers coming your way.
    BLH, Anacortes WA

    ReplyDelete