Saturday, January 16, 2010

Exciting Weekend

On Friday night at the boys basketball game, Rick and I were the guest hosts of the  coaches vs. cancer event.  We got to join the team in their room and listen to their pre-game and half-time talks.  The boys were all so kind to us and I think they really understood that there are lots more important things in life than game playing.

I woke up this morning to a bunch of house guests.  I kept asking what they were doing at our house but no one reallly had a good answer.  Then, before you knew it, there must have been 30 people in our yards and flower beds workng their tails off.  Every tree was pruned, every flower bed was cleaned out and filled with beauty bark or red rock. It looks beautiful.  Thank you EVERYONE for all your hard work.  We are so grateful for the hours of work you put in to turn our wild forest into a lovely garden.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

1 comment:

  1. Dor ~

    If anyone deserves for people to come in and clean up you yard...it is you and Rick!! What an inspiration you have been to me...words cannot tell you how the fight you have in you has given me hope in watching my daughter fight her battle.

    Although different types of cancers are involved...cancer is cancer and HOPE is what keeps us going. Although we have never met...I feel like we are the best of friends. YOU GIVE US HOPE....keep up the good work on the blog....we are checking in on you daily.

    Thanks for dreaming BIG!!!

    ReplyDelete