Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Long day with the doctor

Both Rick and I had appointments today.  He had chemo and I met with Dr. Eaton. His CEA counts are still on the rise so plans have changed for his next round of drugs.   I've felt in limbo ever since I switched from Seatle Cancer Care to Swedish.  During my time at Swedish I tried new meds, clinical trials, and never quite felt like I was making progress. 

Today at Seattle Cancer Care, when I got to my appointment, I shared all my anxieties and concerns with Dr. Eaton and he calmed my nerves by assuring me that evverything is going to be ok.  The first thing he did was check my oxygen level and we learned that my biggest problem right now is that I'm not ggetting enough oxygen which is why I  cough uncontrolably, can't catch my breath and have been so tried lately.

Once they hooked me up to an oxygen tank, I felt like a new person.  My brain felt like it worked more clearly, I wasn't gasping for air.  Tonight a company came to the house and brought me an oxygen machine and all the equipment that goes with it.

The longer I breathe this fresh air, the better I feel.  Next week, I will be having a a CT scan, brain MRI, bloodwork, then starting a new chemotheraphy called Alimta.  Things are going to get better soon..  I can feel it!

I'm exhausted after the long day, so I'm going to call it a night.  Talk to you tomorrow :)

Keep dreaming big,
Doreen

2 comments:

  1. So nice to hear how much the oxygen is helping. That's fantastic! You are in great hands... and it's wonderful that you moved up your appointment to get the care you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There Doreen, I made the move to the new site. It is in my "Favorites" along with the old one. Thanks for sharing the newest information. It gives me much to pray for and a vision for what you and Rick are doing. I like to visualize the two of you and pray specifically for each need. What a privilege that is!!!

    ReplyDelete