Saturday, February 20, 2010

Still crazy after all these weeks

I've been doing a terrible job keeping up with the blog.  So....let me give you a little update.

Life has been so much easier at home with Kelly (and Val) around all the time.  They have both made life a lot more fun now that I spend so much time at home.  They took me out again this week for some fresh air and a little personal shopping (a girl needs that every once in a while). 

Chemo took it's toll on Rick and I this time, (I had a tummy ache that I couldn't get rid of) and he is still extremely fatigued and has a poor appetitie.  We're working on making that better with some meds, and just encouraging him to rest whenever he feels like it.  I've actually felt much better the past 3 or 4 days.  Let's hope it stays that way.

Rick has chemo again on Tuesday.  I'm not sure they'll even let him have it since he hasn't recovered from his last round.  We'll just have to wait and see.

We're enjoying watching the Olympics (I try not to cry when the National Anthem is played or they tell some amazing success story...I'm not very successful with my dry eye endeavor).  What amazing athletes.  Speaking of amazing athletes....Stanwood Boys Basketball clinched a spot in State at tonights game against Cascade.  The last time our boys made it to State was in 2002 so they really deserve a shot at the big dance.   Congratulations Boys I'm really proud of you!

Jake has been really sick with the "flu" since late Wednesday night.  He stays as far away from us as he can and always has a mask and gloves on.   He had the flu shot but who knows which flu hit him.  He was so sick that he broke the blood vessels in the whites of his eyes, all around his eyes, and cheeks.  He looked terrible yesterday...today he's finally looking a little better.

The  girls have all been here this past week doing their part to try and keep us well.  It's always nice to get a visit, or a phone call from them when I'm cooped up in the house. I'm never without love and encouragment.

I have my nice lawn furniture on the deck so when the sun is out and I need fresh air, my air cord is long enough to let me out on the porch to enjoy it.

I missed Kelly this weekend again.  She is only my helper during the week and even then she's only doing it out of the kindness of her heart, but after seeing her everyday...I get sad on the weekends when we don't hang out.   I need to get a life. :)

To all my school buddies, and booster club buddies, knitting friends, and lifetime favorites...stop by and visit whenever you get the chance.  I miss your smiling faces as well and you must have some juicy tales to tell.  Just kidding.  I just need to see your smiles :)

Dreaming Big,
Dor

2 comments:

  1. My heart loves you!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see you posted on your blog. I was starting to worry since it had been so long. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better and you have lots of help...now Rick has to catch up with you. Our prayers are with you and Rick always.

    Jackie and Jerry

    ReplyDelete