Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cheers for Boston

Greetings from Boston.  After a few minor delays on our trip here, we finally arrived at our hotel around 1:00pm today.  Amy encouraged (required) me to take a nap since we didn't get much sleep on the flight here.  I slept for a few hours and then we went for a walk around the downtown area.  We didn't want to over-do it so we just walked thru Boston Common, which is beautiful, and then had an early dinner at the original "Cheers".  Although it wipes me out to walk around alot, we are taking things slow and pacing oursleves.  I must say, I'm not concerned about walking too much, but I AM worried that Amy won't want to get on the plane to go home.  I think she has officially fallen in love with Boston.

We called it a night by 7pm.  We are back in the room and I'm stuggling to stay awake.  We probably slept 5 hours last night (off and on) so I need to get some rest before a big day of traveling again tomorrow.  The plan is to head north along the coast, into Maine for a day of sight-seeing and lots of seafood.  I hear the lobster calling my name.  Our friend (Lauren Amundson) lives here in Boston and she has re-arranged her work schedule so that she can be our driver tomorrow.  We are both really excited to see her. 

Well, it's time for me to wrap this up so I can get some rest.
Goodnight my friends-

Dor & Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment