Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lots of stuff happening around my house these days.  On Tuesday, I finally called the doctor about the pain in my side and the extreme coughing and he said..."get down here.  I need to see you"  After a chest x-ray and blood work, it was confirmed that I have pneumonia (again) and the probability of a few cracked ribs.  Whoop dee doo!  Just how I wanted to start my vacation with Amy.   But, after a few days of antibiotics I'm feeling much better.  I've been resting (doctor's orders) and packing (Amy's orders) to get ready for our amazing trip to Boston.


We are so excited to see some friends while back there.  After the plans were made, people starting writing to us to say they were living there now, or they would be there for work....It looks like we picked a great time to go.


Colonel Kelly has been keeping me in line to make sure I'm following doctor's orders.  I do everything she tells me to or else I get into trouble.  She had a field trip to go on with her son today, so Mom and Dad filled in for her.  Mom is helping me get ready for my journey.


I haven't been sleeping well lately....lots of dreams or nightmares about Rick.  Once I wake up,  it's hard to get back to sleep.  I  know this is a phase I need to go through to heal, but I'm just so lonely without him.     The kids do their best to keep my spirits up.  Mom always tells me to call her when I'm having a bad night but why wake her and have two crybabies up all night?


I'd better get going.  I have a nap to take and bags to pack.  Thank goodness Jake and Megan will be here to hold down the fort while I'm gone.


We promise to take lots of photos and tell you all about the adventures we went on.


Dreaming Big,
Dor

2 comments:

  1. Doreen and Amy,
    I know you'll have a great trip. I can't wait to hear about it. I'll see you when you get back to the West Coast and we'll "gear up" for Relay!!
    Love,
    Neener

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doreen,
    I only know you through a link on my friend's blog, but I check in from time to time on you. Funny how there can be people in this world that you don't even know, yet they care about you, wonder what is happening to you and how you're doing. You are thought of by far more people than you know.

    I wonder often how you are, am very sad for your profound loss, and applaud your never-ending courage.

    Hugs to you...
    Rhonda in Oregon City

    ReplyDelete