Monday, May 10, 2010

What a nice mother's day I had.  The kids and my parents came by around 2:00 and we had a yummy brunch.  My body didn't feel very well though so they all left fairly early so I could get some sleep.  I'm feeling much better today.

Yesterday, Morgan (my "other" daughter) got engaged.  Her ring is beautiful.  Congratulations Morgan and Corey.

I'm really getting excited for our journey to Boston.  We don't have very many things etched in stone but we are for sure going to a Yankee/Red Sox game as well as a Lobster meal in Maine.  There are so many sights to see back east that I'm sure we won't run out of things to do.

Amy promises we'll take the computer with us so we can keep up on blogging.  We'll try and send some photos too~

I'd better get going.  I need my beauty sleep as well so I might as well get started on that too!

Dreaming Big,
Doreen

1 comment:

  1. I know food isn't probably your main area of interest right now, but...just in case, and for Amy's sake, I offer a couple of Bean Town recommendations.

    1. Union Oyster House-for a bit of history and a bowl of "chowda" (delicious clam chowder!)

    2. Giacomo's Ristorante- for THE BEST Italian food in the North End. Try the "Giacomo sauce"...a lobster, tomato, cream sauce on your choice of pasta. Be prepared for a line for a seat. It's very popular, but worth the wait!

    3.Mike's Pastry- (http://www.mikespastry.com/) across the street from Giacomo's, for cannoli or ricotta cheesecake

    4.Back Bay (not food...shopping!) It is the hoity toity area of Boston for shopping. Charming brownstone's with high-end shops!

    5. The Swan Boats- in Boston Commons (wonderful park). They are cheesy...but for a couple of bucks, it's a "Boston" thing to do. A good time to sit and relax after walking the Freedom Trail!

    Ok...I know...you need a couple of weeks to do everything. I love Boston! Could live there! Have a wonderful time and soak it all in!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete