Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy Sunday


I haven't been sleeping well lately (night time is the worst for me...too much time to think about missing Rick) but last night I slept like a baby.  I feel rested and ready for a relaxed, healthy, happy day.

This entire week I've been on the go.  This is the life I was intended to live.  Not the one where I lay in bed all day feeling goofy or in pain.  Thanks to all of you who are helping me start to feel normal again.  I had a fabulous time on the boat celebrating Rick's birthday, a great evening at Shelley's house on Friday night celebrating her birthday, and a fun day yesterday with my parents and my Aunt Carol grocery shopping and out for lunch. 

Tomorrow is a big day at SCCA.  A brain MRI and a CT scan of my chest and abdomen.  If everything stays stable, I'm hoping for another month of "no chemotherapy".  It's amazing how good your body feels when you aren't being fed poison and the pain medication you are taking actually does the job. 

I've got a handful of books that I've been reading lately on how to handle grief.  It's all great advice, I just wish I could follow it.  I find myself picking up the phone to call Rick to share something with him, or roll over in bed looking for him only to find an empty spot.  This morning, I woke up and it felt like someone had been sleeping on my arm all night.  I'd like to believe it was Rick stopping by to let me know everything will be okay.

We're hoping to close the Desert Aire house sale by the 18th of August.  I'll be elated if it all goes as planned.  I need all your good wishes to make this deal happen so please keep thinking good thoughts.

I guess it's time to do a little laundry, tidy up the living room and make my bed.  That sounds like enough work for one day.... :)

Dreaming Big,
Dor

2 comments:

  1. Sending you lots of happy thoughts, virtual hugs and prayers! Dreaming Big everyday for you!!! ;)

    ~ Kathy, Victor & Charlie too!
    Relay friends in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post brought tears to my eyes and made my heart swell up. I'm sending my good wishes to you.

    Big long drawn out hug (to the point you can't take your eyes off the little hand of the clock)

    ReplyDelete