Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dr. Visit

I'm up earlier than usual today....couldn't sleep....I have a doctor's visit in Seattle this morning.  I'm not having any scans or tests so I won't learn anything new about what's going on inside my lungs, but I might find out a little more about the clinical trial that's coming up.  I have mixed emotions about it.  I know I need to get in on it when it becomes available, but after a summer of feeling so well, I hate to think about new side effects and not feeling like myself again.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've noticed that I'm getting winded much easier.  It could be, because I'm going a mile a minute and I need to slow down.  The past week a new cough has joined the band wagon as well.  Perhaps I'm just getting my pre-winter cold?

Last night Angie came by for a visit after school and we had a nice snuggle...until I had a meltdown.  I hadn't had a good cry in a long time so it was nice to have her around while I did it. I'm sure I was just a little worried about today, I was missing my Ricky, and just doubting myself and decisions I've had to make by myself.  All normal kinds of grief I'm just glad Angie was here to walk me through it.

I'll keep you posted on today's doctor's visit.  I'm sure everything will go well.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

3 comments:

  1. Big hugs! Don't doubt yourself! You are a smart, vibrant, intelligent lady who is capable! Trust your gut! A good cry is always cleansing.

    Julie H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever decision you make will be the right one for you - just don't doubt yourself. We all need a good meltdown once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I have meltdowns all the time and I don't even know why! I've been following your blog for awhile now and you just amaze me:) You seem to be an exellent decision maker. And boy do I wish I had your parenting skills, what amazing kids you have! You don't know me but I remember you from High school. I have been praying for you and your family. God is in this and
    God is good. Keep up the fight, I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete