Saturday, October 2, 2010

New Game Plan

All 3 of the kids joined me at my doctor's visit today to hear about  my choices as we enter the next phase of this journey.  I can always go back to 2 of the chemos I've been on before (they didn't do a lot...but they slowed the growth down a little) or I can try a new new drug called Navelbine that may or may not do the trick, but we'll never know if we never try. I'll go to the clinic once a week for blood work, doctor's appointment then an infusion. I'll do this for 3 weeks in a row then have a week off.  I won't get scanned again for 2 months.  After that, we'll check it out to see if the progression has stopped or at least slowed down.  I'm running out of options  at this point, so let's just keep thinking positive thoughts about Navelbine...you never know....it could be my new TARCEVA :)

While waiting for the doc this morning, we had the nurse take a new family photo.  Not bad for 4 worried faces?

Dreaming Big,
Dor

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo!!! ;)

    Continuing to Dream Big for you!
    ~ Kathy & Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mother and beautiful kids w/beautiful smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great family photo, Doreen! I've been thinking of you and your family since our first story a few years ago. :)

    -Bridget (former NEWS reporter)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep strong Doreen. I'm in a new clinical trial myself; we always have to try. You do have a beautiful family. Sending lots of hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No recent posts, hope everythig is going OK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, as well, hope things are going okay and that you've been too busy to blog. You have been an inspiration and have touched many people who continue to travel this journey with you and wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete