Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Change of Plans (again)

My chemo plans have changed again.  I've gone back on the Alimta plan which is a plan I was on for 28 weeks earlier this year.  I began having severe pain during the time I was on it so we had to make some different arrangements, ie. take me off it and put me on some new pain meds and a new kind of chemo.  But for now, we are sticking with the Alimta and a new kind of pain medicine.  The only problems I've come across are a bad case of feeling overwhelmed from the steroids and needing tums every couple of hours.  I can deal with both of those set backs.

I'm getting excited about next weeks plans in San Francisco.  The only kids not going on the trip this year are Jake and Megan but I understand Megan has her new job and Jake just started up coaching basketball again on Monday.  Busy lives for busy bodies, maybe they can can make it again next year.

I've been using  a wheel chair to get around lately (it really helps keep my breathing under control), I also find that sitting with a fan directly in my face seems to give me a greater sense of air flow.  I don't like any of these devices, but if they work, I need to face reality and just do what works best for me.

It's time for me to get off the computer and think about something for dinner.  Yogurt and cereal?  Maybe...

Sending lots of love to all my friends.

Dreaming Big,
Doreen

2 comments:

  1. Hugs to you, Doreen. Enjoy the ride of the wheelchair and breathe deep in front of the fan. Do whatEVER you need to to feel better. I'm sending you wishes of "mind-over-matter" and really good pain meds in your new treatment. You are amazing. Your courage is relentless.

    Julie H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mahalo,
    If the wheelchair seems to accumulate speed at a boring pace, a simple text message could result in your skinny bum placed in the "Bi---" position aboard my Harley Road Glide for a few hot laps around little Stanwoody.
    Just throwin' that out there.
    Love always
    Your Pal,
    Les

    ReplyDelete