Sunday, November 14, 2010

San Francisco Memories




We returned this afternoon from a wonderful trip to San Francisco where we participated in a weekend full of adventures, laughs and making memories. The girls, Scott and Kelly spent Friday shopping and exploring the Fisherman's Wharf while I had the opportunity to visit with Bonnie and our other friend Lisa. We had lunch, shopped and laughed...a lot! If not for the wheelchair and the oxygen tank I would have forgotten all about Lung Cancer for that hour or two. I love those ladies and am thankful that I had the chance to spend quality time with them.

Saturday night was the Lung Cancer Gala. We spent some time during the day helping decorate for the event and then spent a little more time getting ourselves ready to go. It seems like simple tasks such as getting dressed and  doing my hair and make-up now wear me out. I was ready for a nap before we left my hotel room. I was so proud to have been able to introduce Kelly as the "Caregiver of the Year" at the event. She received a large ovation and she deserved every bit of it. The evening was a huge success, with an enormous about of money having been raised for Bonnie's foundation.

After the Gala on Saturday night, Kathryn Joosten from Desperate Housewives came up to my hotel room to hang out with me and the girls. She is hilarious and had us laughing the entire time. She is a two time Lung Cancer survivor and a supporter of Bonnie's foundation.

As much as I loved our trip, I am happy to be home and plan to rest up over the next few days. I have attached a few photos from our weekend. Enjoy!

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments:

Post a Comment