Monday, March 7, 2011

Heartfelt Apology for slacking on the blog.

Sorry it's taken so long to write another blog.  I just didn't have much to say, so writing "just for the heck of it" wasn't the reason we set this format up.  I wanted to write with news to tell or wisdom to share.

Just wanted to let you know that I had scans last week and I got the results today.  This chemo that I've been on is keeping the cancer cells stable.  I'm hoping it continues to do it's job for many months/years to come.  Who would have known that I would still be here after almost 5 years? 

My white count was on the rise today so I went on a new antibiotic to help clear up an upper respiratory infection and a bladder infection.  Something new to worry about :)

I'll write again soon ... I promise.

As always, Dreaming Big,
Doreen

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you are back. Thanks for the good news. Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update...trying to keep up with you via FB too...you are in our daily prayers! :)

    ~ Kathy, Victor and little Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those of us who know Cancer, we fear that no news is bad news. So glad to hear that things are stable with you. One of the things I loved about your blog was how you showed us that it is possible to really live with Cancer. Please keep sharing your life.

    I have been reading your blog for many years, thankfully. I lost a dear friend to this almost two years ago. Your story is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT way to start the day! :) Thanks, and am glad for you. love Jennifer

    ReplyDelete