Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Great Scan News.

On Monday I was scheduled to have a new brain MRI and a new Chest CT scan. My sister in law, Vickie and Kelly took me to Seattle for the appointments.   On Tuesday, I learned that the chest tumors are stable but the tumors in my brain have shrunk 30 to 40 percent.  It was the best news I've heard in a long time.   After my doctors appointment, I went in for chemo.  I've got achy joints this morning and a little nausea, but other that I'm not feeling too bad. 

My heart is a little extra heavy today because today would have been our 30th wedding anniversary.  I know Rick is celebrating with me from Heaven (he spoiled me every year).  If I'm feeling better this evening, the kids want to take me out to dinner (they say dad would have wanted that).  These children of ours are the most amazing people I know.  Angie spent the night with me last night just in case the chemo kicked my behind.

It's time for me to head back to the sofa and get a little rest.  The more I rest the first few days after chemo, the better I seem to feel. 

Thank you all again for all the love, cards, caring words and wisdom you've given me over the past couple of weeks.  I can't help but heal faster from my loss with all of your support. 

Dream Big,
Doreen

2 comments:

  1. Great news on the scan!

    Yes, your Rick is most certainly celebrating with you and YOUR angel watching over you!

    Continuing to send you lots of hugs & prayers!

    ~ Kathy & Charlie (Relay friends in Oregon)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeeeet news on the scan results. And yes your kids are wonderful. They're like angels on earth. Love you Doreen, Pat and Susie

    ReplyDelete