Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Couple of Busy Days....

Yesterday morning started out early.  We rented a car and began our three and a half hour drive into New York City.  We enjoyed the scenery throughout Connecticut.  What a beautiful state.  When we arrived in New York we drove all over the place.  We knew that we would never find a place to park... and even if we did, I wouldn't be able to walk around very long with my limited lung capacity.  Amy drove like a New York taxi driver.  I was shocked to see her holding her own on the streets.  If you don't drive like a crazy person in New York City you will never make it anywhere.  She took us to Times Square, Ground Zero, Central Park,and many other fascinating places.  We made it to Yankee Stadium early and watched a great game. 


After a long day in New York yesterday, with my daughter Amy "the taxi driver", we didn't return to the hotel in Boston until 2:00 this morning.  For all of the fun we had yesterday, we sure have paid for it today.  We slept in and then got on the Beantown trolley this afternoon for a two hour tour of the city.  It is a two day pass so we are looking forward to actually getting off of the trolley tomorrow now that we know all about the city.  Amy's good friend Jessi flies into town from Virginia tomorrow morning.  She will spend the day with us and then fly out on Thursday morning.  We are both excited to see her.

We decided to call it an early night and lounge around the room to root for the Celtics.  We have another long day ahead of us tomorrow.  Goodnight...


P.S.  I am getting a lot of questions from friends and family about my lack of oxygen in most of the pictures.  I promise that I am wearing my oxygen all of the time... except for the few photos I am in.  Please don't worry about me.  I am being good.   :)
Dream Big-
Dor 

3 comments:

  1. A new blog to read every day...you should go on more trips! ;) Love ya, Pat and Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've just returned from the east coast or we'd come join you! I'll see you when you're back. lots of love! diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Doreen and Amy,
    So glad you are having a great time! keep up the good work. I have never been to Boston but wow it looks like a fabulous place, thanks for all the updates..

    Beccy

    ReplyDelete