Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm Back

I know many of you liked the fact that I was on vacation because you saw a blog nearly every night.  Now that I'm back home, I'm trying to face reality head on.  We returned home on Thursday night around 11:00pm (just in time to get enough sleep for Relay for Life the next day).  Amy dropped me off at the house on Friday morning and I was wiped out.  Luckily, I regained my energy and was ready to participate in Relay once again. 

I walked a few laps then settled under our canopy and visited with friends and family the rest of the night.  I had a hard time being at the event without Rick.  We've been a team for so many years (not just at relay, but in life).  Although  he wasn't there in person, we all felt his presence.  It was another successful Relay and we were all glad to be a part of it.  Thanks again to all my teammates who raised money and awareness to this horrible disease. 

Let me tell you about the rest of our trip.  On Wednesday, we toured the city again with Amy' friend Jessi (they played college soccer together), shopped at Quincy Market and Fanuiel Hall,  then met up with Lauren Amundson for a wonderful lobster dinner at the oldest restaurant in America.  We had a blast.

Our flights were smooth, we met up with old friends and laughed a lot.  I'm so happy that Amy asked me to go along on this journey with her.  It's a trip we'll never forget.

Tomorrow I start back on my daily grind.  I have a CT scan of my lungs (and hopefully we'll find out what is hurting on my left side in my rib area).  Then on Tuesday, it's chemo again.  I look forward to feeling good this week so we can enjoy Memorial Weekend. 

After my appointment on Tuesday, I'll let you all know how my appointment went.  I believe that the cancer in my lungs is "stable" and you know how much I like that word :).

Stay healthy & happy and don't forget to DREAM BIG,
Dor

No comments:

Post a Comment