Thursday, June 3, 2010

Doreen? Doreen Who?

Sometimes in life, there are just no excuses.  Like now, for instance.  I have no legitimate reason for not writing a blog in the past 10 days....but I am sorry if I made any of you worry.

We spent memorial day (and the days around it) at Desert Aire.  Visited with friends and family.  I gave away a scholarship in Rick's name on Tuesday to a deserving young man who lives in our community (Joe Eidsness)  We've been friends with his family for many years, Rick went to school with his dad you could tell it was an honor for their son to receive it.

I celebrated my 52nd birthday on Sunday.  Who would have know the importance of having a birthday every year?  I sure love them.  When I got home on Sunday, Megan took me to a movie then out for lunch. We had a very nice time.

Jake and Megan have been house hunting lately...along with Angie and Shannon.  They're both looking in different directions, but it's always exciting to put your feelers out for that dream home you've been waiting for.

Amy started her new job with the Air Force on Tuesday.  She has has a lot of responsibility with this new endeavor, but she's very excited to get started on it.

I'm not sure what's been going on with me the this last round of chemo, but I've never been so fatigued in my life.  I could sleep all the time (and it seems that I do).  I've have a low grade fever for the past 5 days and I'm just sick of feeling cruddy all the time.  I'm not sure what's going on with me, but I'm sure in the next couple of weeks I'll feel like my old self again.

The next couple of weeks are busy ones for our family.  We have 5 graduation parties to attend, Megan gets her doctorate, she has to give a symposium in front of a big crowd at the UW on Thursday, Jake gets his Master's degree (he says it's not nearly important as Megan's...but I still think it took hard work and dedication and should mean something).  After graduation, Meg, Jake and her family are all taking a trip to Maui for 11 days...REALLY....I'M NOT JEALOUS.  Envious maybe :)

Summer is just around the corner.  Enjoy every minute of it.

Dream Big,
Doreen

4 comments:

  1. Hi Doreen,
    It's good to hear from you on the blog. It does worry us people who care about you so much when we don't hear anything. By the way Happy Belated birthday!!! I'm glad to hear you had a good time in Desert Aire. Take care and god bless,
    Dixie (Heather's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You change the world with each blog you write! I am so excited to give my speech about you tomorrow! Im glad your resting! After the 2 years of seeing me and putting up with me every day you deserve it! I love you much. Keep taking care of yourself.
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may sound silly after all you have been through, but maybe you are suffering a little depression. Losing the man you love and continuing to fight for your life? Make sure your doctors keep that in mind. It seems so "duh" but after my sister started with some anti-depressants, she has done a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to you Doreen!

    ReplyDelete